If you are an existing NSI or NSIT looking to continue to deliver Bikeability, you will need to convert to the revised cycle training instructor qualification from 1st4Sport. Likewise, if you are a Bikeability scheme operator, then you will need to ensure that your instructor team are up to date in their delivery.
We are offering a Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) route to the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training, designed to prepare learners for continued employment as cycle trainers whilst recognising existing qualifications and experience. This is an Ofqual regulated course that can lead to further qualifications as your career progresses.
Learners will be fully supported by completing a course enrolment which will give a clear pathway for completing the qualification. This will include learner registration, access to an e-portfolio, and a PCA within 6 months. We will guide learners through the process and can offer support with exemplar evidence and individualised learning plans.
* You must be at least 18 years of age
* You must be an existing National Standards Instructor or Instructor Trainer
* You must have access to suitable clothing for all weathers and a roadworthy bike
* You will need access to a laptop or tablet device during the course – if you need support with sourcing a device please get in touch
* You will need to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing
If you're a Bikeability provider, Local Authority or Grant Recipient and want to arrange a group course for your instructors at your own location, please get in touch with our RDC team. We can run courses anywhere in the UK.
* Prices shown include the cost of one Post Course Assessment (further fees will be charged for additional PCAs if required to confirm qualification)
* Prices shown are inclusive of VAT
* For bespoke group courses, travel and subsistence will be charged at cost with supporting documentation
If none of the below course dates or locations work for you please fill out this form, expressing interest in dates and locations which work best for you.
There are currently no events scheduled