Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
Schools in the Liverpool City Region can request free Bikeability training to levels 1, 2 and 3 as well as Bikeability Plus Balance and Learn to Ride. To enquire about or book training in your school, please contact us.
Some of the benefits of a child cycling to and from school:
- Quieter, safer roads - having fewer cars around school makes it safer for parents and children to walk or cycle on their journey to and from school. Fewer cars also means less pollution
- Fitness and health - children need at least an hour of physical activity each day, and walking or cycling to school is a great way to get some of that exercise
- There are also concerns about the level of pollution children are exposed to when sitting inside cars in congested or slow-moving traffic. When planning a cycling journey to school, it may be possible to find a route that is quiet or traffic-free, and cycling through green spaces such as parks can make you feel calmer and happier
- Concentration at school - children who are physically active on the way to school burn off some of their excess energy and are more able to settle down and focus well in lessons
- Road-safety skills - good habits learned young are learned well. Teaching children to cycle safely to school will stand them in good stead for the rest of their life
- Socialising and independence - cycling together with others means that children will have extra time in the day to build friendships and feel comfortable around other people
Child Learn To Ride and Bikeability Sessions
Available in school holidays for children in school year 3 and above (7 years old) we are running Learn to Ride and some Bikeability sessions.
Ideally bring along your bike and helmet and have a free session with one of our qualified instructors. We do have some bikes to loan at certain venues/dates but please check before turning up as some venues do not have secure storage for our bikes. These are small group sessions of 3 children with one instructor and last 2 hours.
See below for list of current venues and dates