Everyone loves to cycle, but many barriers exist that prevent people doing it regularly. This is where a qualified cycling instructor can make a real difference. From teaching groups of school children to enhancing skills and confidence amongst adult cyclists the role of a qualified cycling instructor is key to developing cycling locally and nationally.
Developed in partnership with The Bikeability Trust, the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training is designed to prepare learners for employment as cycling instructor specifically delivering the National Standard for Cycle Training. The course sits within a progressive suite of cycle training qualifications and is relevant for learners who aspire to become cycling instructors in England.
With this qualification you will be able to deliver not only Bikeability training in schools but also a wide range of other cycle training services. This is an Ofqual regulated course that can lead to further qualifications as your career progresses.
* You must be at least 18 years of age and be accurately identified as such
* You must be a regular on-road cyclist and be able to cycle competently, confidently and consistently to Roles 1-4 of the National Standard for Cycle Training
* You must have access to suitable clothing for all weathers, a roadworthy bike and bike lock for each day of the course
* Experience of teaching or coaching young people and adults is beneficial but not essential
* You will need access to a laptop or tablet device during the course – if you need support with sourcing a device please get in touch
* You will need to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
If you're a Bikeability provider, Local Authority or Grant Recipient and want to arrange a group course for your instructors at your own location, please get in touch with our RDC team. We can run courses anywhere in the UK provided there is access to a suitable indoor venue, local open spaces and roads suitable for creating a realistic and progressive training environment.
* Prices shown include the cost of one Post Course Assessment (further fees will be charged for additional PCAs if required to confirm qualification)
* Prices shown are inclusive of VAT
* For bespoke group courses, travel and subsistence will be charged at cost with supporting documentation
If none of the below course dates or locations work for you, or if there are currently no courses listed, we would be highly grateful if you could fill out this form, expressing interest in dates and locations which work best for you. We can then use this feedback when planning our future courses.
|Date||Dates & Times||Course||Area||Area||Location||Location||Sponsored By||Price||Booking||Booking|
|Mon 6th April 2020||
Mon 6th April 2020
- Thu 9th April 2020
Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training
|Salford||Salford||BikeRight! Manchester||BikeRight! Manchester||£720.00 per head||Places Available||Details|