Everyone loves to cycle, but many barriers exist that prevent people doing it regularly. This is where a qualified cycling instructor can make a real difference. From teaching groups of school children to enhancing skills and confidence amongst adult cyclists the role of a qualified cycling instructor is key to developing cycling locally and nationally.
Developed in partnership with The Bikeability Trust, the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training is designed to prepare learners to provide National Standard for Cycle Training.
With this qualification you will be able to deliver not only Bikeability training in schools but also a wide range of other cycle training services. This is an Ofqual regulated course that can lead to further qualifications as your career progresses.
Click here to view the course structure in more detail and to learn why you should choose BikeRight! as your training provider.
* You must be at least 18 years of age
* You must be a regular on-road cyclist and be able to cycle competently, confidently and consistently
* You must have access to suitable clothing for all weathers and a roadworthy bike
* Experience of teaching or coaching is beneficial but not essential
* You will need access to a laptop or tablet device during the course – if you need support with sourcing a device please get in touch
* You will need to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
If you're a Bikeability provider, Local Authority or Grant Recipient and want to arrange a group course for your instructors, please get in touch with our RDC team. We can run courses anywhere in the UK.
* Prices shown include the cost of one Post Course Assessment (further fees will be charged for additional PCAs if required to confirm qualification)
* For those wishing to join our freelance instructor team we offer flexible payment terms via Careers with Gears (interview required, conditions apply)
* Prices shown are inclusive of VAT
* For bespoke group courses, travel and subsistence will be charged at cost with supporting documentation
If none of the below course dates or locations work for you please fill out this form, expressing interest in dates and locations which work for you.
There are currently no events scheduled