Cheshire West and Chester
BikeRight! are the cycle training partner for Cheshire West and Chester and are providing both Bikeability training in the area’s schools as well as child, adult and family cycle skills sessions exclusively for Cheshire residents.
Schools in Cheshire West can request free Bikeability training to levels 1, 2 and 3 as well as Bikeability Plus Balance and Learn to Ride. To enquire about or book training in your school, please contact us.
Some of the benefits of a child cycling to and from school:
- Quieter, safer roads - having fewer cars around school makes it safer for parents and children to walk or cycle on their journey to and from school. Fewer cars also means less pollution
- Fitness and health - children need at least an hour of physical activity each day, and walking or cycling to school is a great way to get some of that exercise
- There are also concerns about the level of pollution children are exposed to when sitting inside cars in congested or slow-moving traffic. When planning a cycling journey to school, it may be possible to find a route that is quiet or traffic-free, and cycling through green spaces such as parks can make you feel calmer and happier
- Concentration at school - children who are physically active on the way to school burn off some of their excess energy and are more able to settle down and focus well in lessons
- Road-safety skills - good habits learned young are learned well. Teaching children to cycle safely to school will stand them in good stead for the rest of their life
- Socialising and independence - cycling together with others means that children will have extra time in the day to build friendships and feel comfortable around other people
Cheshire West and Chester also offer free courses for residents of the area including:
Family Cycle Skills
Bikeability Family is a brand-new training package to help people living in the same household to cycle together. The training will enable families to plan enjoyable group rides, switch from driving to cycling the school run, help other family members to develop their cycling skills and grow their confidence.
Click here to find out more and make a booking