Cheshire West and Chester
BikeRight! are now the cycle training partner for Cheshire West and Chester. We work with local authorities and communities across the North West and are providing both Bikeability training in the area’s schools as well as cycle skills sessions for Cheshire residents.
Adult cycle training
We offer free one-to-one and small group cycle skills lessons for adults who live in Cheshire West and Chester. Get tailored training at a level suited to your needs, based on the National Cycle Training Standards and provided by qualified instructors following social distancing and hygiene guidelines.
Choose from Basic (complete beginner), Urban (quiet local roads), or Advanced (complex junctions and busy roads).
Places are limited throughout July and August, so please sign up now to receive this free training. The courses last for two hours and can be booked here
Schools in the Cheshire West and Chester can request free Bikeability training. To enquire about or book training in your school, please contact us.
Some of the benefits of a child cycling to and from school:
- Quieter, safer roads - having fewer cars around school makes it safer for parents and children to walk or cycle on their journey to and from school. Fewer cars also means less pollution
- Fitness and health - children need at least an hour of physical activity each day, and walking or cycling to school is a great way to get some of that exercise
- There are also concerns about the level of pollution children are exposed to when sitting inside cars in congested or slow-moving traffic. When planning a cycling journey to school, it may be possible to find a route that is quiet or traffic-free, and cycling through green spaces such as parks can make you feel calmer and happier
- Concentration at school - children who are physically active on the way to school burn off some of their excess energy and are more able to settle down and focus well in lessons
- Road-safety skills - good habits learned young are learned well. Teaching children to cycle safely to school will stand them in good stead for the rest of their life
- Socialising and independence - cycling together with others means that children will have extra time in the day to build friendships and feel comfortable around other people