Why become an instructor trainer?
This course is specifically designed to enable effective transfer of knowledge to new instructors in-line with the new National Standards.
Developed in partnership with The Bikeability Trust, the 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Developing Cycle Training Instructors is designed to prepare learners for employment as cycle training instructor tutors. It is aimed at those who have been delivering cycle training themselves for at least two years, and who would now like to work as trainers for new instructors.
For more information on the course structure, click here.
This is an Ofqual regulated course that can lead to further qualifications as your career progresses.
Why choose Be Confident Group as your training provider?
The Be Confident Group (comprising Cycle Confident and BikeRight!) are committed to the highest quality education and training. We are the only RDC that offer pre-course training and orientation. Our courses are tailored to meet individual learner needs and include:
- Support from the UK’s leading cycle training organisation with a large body of instructor trainers able to deliver courses across the country
- Pre-course preparation support to give you the best possible value out of your learning experience
- Full access to the 1st4sport e-learning platform which supports learner progress with direct tutor feedback as you complete each task during the course
- Two-day practical course with a mix of classroom and on-road sessions
- Learner support whenever needed from our team of highly experienced trainers and assessors
- Post course e-learning, webinars and access to our tutors via Hangouts, email and phone
- Registration with 1st4sport (qualification awarding body)
- Support and advice on CPD planning and where to find further development opportunities
- Tutor support prior to a practical Post Course Assessment of a live Level 2 course delivery (including the PCA element) for completion of the 1st4sport Award
Added to this is our high level of internal quality assurance which means we've got everything covered to help you with a smooth transition from instructor to instructor trainer.
- You must be at least 18 years of age and be accurately identified as such
- You must be a regular on-road cyclist and be able to cycle competently, confidently and consistently to National Standards Level 3
- You must have been delivering cycle training for at least two years
- You must have access to suitable clothing for all weathers, a roadworthy bike and bike lock for each day of the course
- Experience of teaching or coaching adults is beneficial
- You will need access to a laptop or tablet device during the course – if you need support with sourcing a device please get in touch
- You will need to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
Bespoke Group Instructor Training
If you're a Bikeability provider, Local Authority or Grant Recipient and want to arrange a group course for your instructors at your own location, please get in touch with our RDC team. We can run courses anywhere in the UK provided there is access to a suitable indoor venue, local open spaces and roads suitable for creating a realistic and progressive training environment.
- Prices shown include the cost of one Post Course Assessment (further fees will be charged for additional PCAs if required to confirm qualification)
- Prices shown are inclusive of VAT (£1000 + VAT)
- For bespoke group courses, travel and subsistence will be charged at cost with supporting documentation
There are currently no events scheduled.