Schools in Trafford can request free Bikeability training. To enquire about or book training in your school, please contact us.
Some of the benefits of a child cycling to and from school:
- Quieter, safer roads - having fewer cars around school makes it safer for parents and children to walk or cycle on their journey to and from school. Fewer cars also means less pollution
- Fitness and health - children need at least an hour of physical activity each day, and walking or cycling to school is a great way to get some of that exercise
- There are also concerns about the level of pollution children are exposed to when sitting inside cars in congested or slow-moving traffic. When planning a cycling journey to school, it may be possible to find a route that is quiet or traffic-free, and cycling through green spaces such as parks can make you feel calmer and happier
- Concentration at school - children who are physically active on the way to school burn off some of their excess energy and are more able to settle down and focus well in lessons
- Road-safety skills - good habits learned young are learned well. Teaching children to cycle safely to school will stand them in good stead for the rest of their life
- Socialising and independence - cycling together with others means that children will have extra time in the day to build friendships and feel comfortable around other people