Consultancy and Advocacy services
Give your active travel programmes some PEDL power!
More and more cycling investment is being made to support changes in travel behaviour, accommodating the increasing number of people who are choosing to travel by bicycle. Whether it is for business or pleasure, cycling brings great reward and BikeRIght! have the support to help you grow your cycling ambitions so that you can experience some of those rewards too.
Our Consultancy services are designed to build a cycling development plan from scratch or enhance existing plans that can link into organisational Travel Plans. One-off events are a great conversation starter, but long term planning and the right support is essential.
Our skills are underpinned by over 10 years of experience and knowledge within the cycling industry. We know that in order to make a change in travel behaviour, support for cycling needs to be consistent, well planned, engaging, delivered to a high quality and fully evaluated against defined outcomes.
- Audience and demographics – Our experience of delivering on the ground cycling initiatives for businesses means that we can develop a quick understanding what works to engage with your audience.
- Research – We’ve been conducting research for cycling projects for a number of years, both for our own needs and for partners. It is a crucial part of making a business case for cycling development and we can help you through this process.
- Resource planning and procurement – It’s not all about the bike! We will provide you with guidance on what ‘tools for the job’ you are likely to require for your project, and help you develop a robust procurement system that will compliment your processes and procedures.
- Recruitment – For many years, we have been training individuals and continuing their professional development across a variety of cycling projects. With this experience, we can help to build your team that will work together to get you the results your project needs.
- Processes and procedures - We can support you with the design of a systematic process plan, outlining procedures that will form the framework for your delivery plan.
- Partnerships – Engaging with partners and identifying collaborative goals
- Stakeholders – Early consultation with key stakeholders will open up the communication channels that will benefit you throughout the duration of your project. Stakeholder engagement planning is something we can provide during the early phase of planning or during, where we can ‘host’ stakeholder progress meetings.
- Demand and need – How will you find out if there is an actual need for your project deliverables? When will you explore that? We can advise you on how to assess the demand for your engagement activities, and how to compliment seasonal changes with the right intervention to keep your target groups cycling.
- Marketing communications – Getting the messages right and getting these out to the audience, that what we've been doing successfully for over a decade now using in-house and specially selected external agencies chosen for their skills and experience in promoting sustainable and active travel.
- Media relations – We’ve been engaging with journalists throughout many of our cycling projects, and we’ve learnt how to get the best coverage through them, very early on. Let us share our experiences with you, so that you reap the benefits of getting journalists ‘on side’ with your project plan.
On the ground delivery is where our main strengths lie. We will mobilise your project with organisational and technical support, whilst putting resources in place to prepare for delivery. Our delivery is of the highest standard out there, where we monitor all aspects of delivery for quality assurance purposes so that you know that everyone delivering a BikeRight! service does so consistently, confidently and professionally.
- Mobilisation and operational delivery - making sure everything and everyone is where they should be and when!
- Resource management - ensuring that everyone who participates in a programme has all of the equipment required, and if we are providing equipment such as loan bikes making sure these are the correct type and size and fully serviced and safety checked.
- Course development - adapting our courses or writing new ones to suit the needs to clients.
- Payment processing - where money needs to change hands we have the systems in place to process payments securely via our our website.
- Quality control - our internal quality assurance is highly developed and led by external assurance and verification from our accrediting bodies and trade association, offering complete peace of mind for customers.
- Identifying targets and KPIs – We will help you to create a clear manageable strategy for monitoring your project performance.
- Reporting - Advice on building data collection in to the delivery of initiatives. Our robust online booking system also serves as a very valuable reporting mechanism, collecting information based on your required criteria.
- Feedback methodology – Our online system will also record qualitative data as well as quantitative, providing a platform to serve your evaluative needs.
- Evaluation – Independent and impartial analysis of your project conducted by our own in-house researchers or external experts from one of our University partners.
BikeRight! have previously provided consultancy services for:
- Education establishments
- Local authorities
- Transport Planners
- Transport authorities
- Project management
- Project delivery
- Project monitoring and evaluation
- Branding and marketing
- Bicycle Fleet systems
- Travel behaviour change events
- SWOT analysis of cycling facilities provision
- Stakeholder engagement and facilitation
Our team of experts consists of:
- Operations managers
- Cycling development professionals
- Marketeers and researchers
- Finance and administration staff
- Training and development managers
- A hugely experienced instructor team
- Qualified bike mechanics
All of these individuals are professional, passionate advocates of cycling from private and public sector backgrounds representing the most experience cycling development team on our industry.
Get in touch...
Call us today on 0161 230 7007 to discuss your requirements or fill in our on-line enquiry form