Developed in partnership with The Bikeability Trust, the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Instructing Cycle Training is designed to prepare learners for employment as cycling instructor specifically delivering the National Standard for Cycle Training. The course sits within a progressive suite of cycle training qualifications and is relevant for learners who aspire to become cycling instructors in England.
With this qualification you will be able to deliver not only Bikeability training in schools but also a wide range of other cycle training services. This is an Ofqual regulated course that can lead to further qualifications as your career progresses.
* You must be at least 18 years of age and be accurately identified as such
* You must be a regular on-road cyclist and be able to cycle competently, confidently and consistently to Roles 1-4 of the National Standard for Cycle Training
* You must have access to suitable clothing for all weathers, a roadworthy bike and bike lock for each day of the course
* Experience of teaching or coaching young people and adults is beneficial but not essential
* You will need access to a laptop or tablet device during the course – if you need support with sourcing a device please get in touch
* You will need to be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
BikeRight!, 22 (Boat Shed) Exchange Quay, Building 4, Office 1, Salford M5 3EQ
Dates & Times
Monday 15 Aug 2022, 09:00-17:00
Tuesday 16 Aug 2022, 09:00-17:00
Wednesday 17 Aug 2022, 09:00-17:00
Thursday 18 Aug 2022, 09:00-17:00
£ 720.00 per trainee (Subsidies available)