Freewheeling, giving Manchester’s cyclists a free boost of confidence
If you don't cycle and want to learn, or are returning to cycling after a few years and want to brush-up on your technique then this FREE adult cycle training could be right up your street.
BikeRight! in partnership with Public Health Manchester and Manchester City Council are offering free cycle training sessions for people over 16 who live in Manchester. On offer are:
- Courses for absolute beginners through to experienced riders
- Weekend, early evening and daytime midweek dates
- Free bikes and helmets during the training
- Up to 3 free sessions per person
- Male and female fully qualified cycling instructors
- A friendly informal approach
- Dedicated cycle training facilities
- One-to-one advanced and learn-to-ride training
- Great tea and coffee!
“With recent success in the Olympics cycling is enjoying massive interest, but lots of people who want to give it a go are put off by busy roads or worried about accidents. Freewheeling is a great way to build confidence in a safe and controlled way and the informal nature of the courses really appeals to beginners and experienced riders alike.” Andy Tucker,Marketing Manager, BikeRight!
DuringFreewheeling cycle training courses people will:
- Learn skills to cycle safely
- Learn about road positioning and how to be seen by other traffic
- Find great cycling routes for everyday journeys
- Get tips for cycling at night-time or in bad weather
- Learn all about cycle safety, clothing and other equipment
- Pick-up cycle maintenance tips
- Gain knowledge from cycling professionals
Freewheeling sessions can be booked online at www.bikeright.co.uk/freewheeling
Notes to editors
BikeRight! was established in 2000 and is the leading cycle training organisation in the country training over 20,000 individuals annually in schools, businesses and health projects. BikeRight! is committed to making cycling viable, safer and better for all. Services include Bikeability training for schools, instructor training, national standards cycle training, mountain biking skills, corporate team building courses, cycling consultancy and event management.
Awarded Business of the Year and Growth Business of the Year – awarded in January 2009 at the North West women in Business Awards. BikeRight! is an Investor In People company, DofE Access Organisation and holds an Adventure Activities Licence for off-road cycling.